What is ADHD?
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is defined as a brain disorder marked by an ongoing pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that interferes with functioning or development. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a condition that affects 9.5% of children all over the world.
Addressing ADHD at iThrive
At iThrive, we:
- Conduct the Assessments needed for ADHD
- Provide Education and Training Programs for the parents. These programs help parents to understand and accept their child, teach them how to help their children organize the environment and cope with frustrations.
- Customize the Medical and Behavioral Therapy plans as per need of the children
- Provide a combination of therapy and medication
- Medication can help reduce symptoms of hyperactivity, inattentiveness, and impulsivity in children.
- Through Behaviour therapy, the child learns to strengthen his positive behaviours and reduce unwanted or problem behaviours, which later transforms into a habit.
- Hence, ADHD can be successfully MANAGED and dealt with, if timely intervention and assistance is provided to the child.
Who can diagnose ADHD and how?
A Doctor or a psychologist can diagnose the child with ADHD using various assessment tools. If and when diagnosed, the parents will learn the real cause of their child’s behavior which will help them accept and take measures for dealing with it.
A combination of therapy and medication, which is the most helpful treatment, is provided at iThrive.